The Business Education Department offers students at Milwaukee Lutheran High School an opportunity to
- Learn to Learn--Because the world changes so rapidly students will need to be able to learn all their lives. Business education provides experiences that help students discover how they learn best; and it teaches students skills that help in learning, from organizing and prioritizing work to keying documents in proper format. The Department incorporates many different teaching styles to fit the different ways students learn.
- Learn to Earn--Business, computer skills and administrative assistance skills are very much in demand in today's job market. Any student interested in one of these career areas can get excellent training that will enable him to step into the job market directly from high school or that will prepare him for further training in business courses in college or technical school. In addition the use of skills/knowledges learned in business classes can provide extra income through part-time employment while the student continues his education.
- Learn to Live--There are some courses in business that all students should take. All persons should have a basic knowledge of how business operates within the global economy; this knowledge can help students better understand our world and its politics. Everyone should how to keyboard and how to properly format routine business and personal documents. Everyone is a consumer and should know his rights and responsibilities as buyers of goods and services. Earners also need skills/knowledges that will help them wisely spend, save and invest their discretionary income.
- BU110--Introduction to Business, 1 credit, Grades 9, 10
- BU120--Keyboarding/Computer Literacy, 1 credit, Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
- BU130--Computer Applications, 1 credit, Grades 9, 10, 11, 12
- BU210--Word Processing, 1 credit, Grades 10, 11, 12
- BU220--Computer Applications II, 1 credit, Grades 10, 11, 12
- BU300--Introduction to Web Design, 1 credit, Grades 11, 12
- BU310--Accounting, 2 credits, Grades 11, 12
- BU350--Personal Finance, 1 credit, Grades 11, 12
- BU360- Business Management, 1 credit, Grades 11,12
- BU410--Advanced Accounting, 2 credits, Grade 12
- BU450--Yearbook, 2 credits, Grades 11, 12